Skip to main content

Delhi to Manali: The Journey That Finally Took Me to the Mountains

 

Delhi at 4 AM to Finally Chasing the Mountains

Finally, after spending almost the entire day on the train, we reached Delhi.

Thankfully, the journey was smooth and safe. After being on the train for so many hours, though, all I wanted was a bed and some proper sleep.

But there was one small problem.

We reached Delhi at around 4 a.m., and we didn't have a hotel booked.

Yes, I know.

Very smart planning. Thank you. 😂

Since I hadn't pre-booked a hotel, we now had to find one in the middle of the night. So there we were, tired after a full day of travelling, carrying our luggage around and searching for somewhere to stay.

Looking back, I have no idea why I thought booking a hotel after reaching Delhi at 4 in the morning was a good idea.

But somehow, after searching for a while, we finally found a decent-looking hotel and decided to just rest.

I eventually woke up around 11 a.m., feeling much more refreshed. And obviously, the first thing on our minds was food.

We went to Sita Ram Diwan Chand for breakfast and ordered chole bhature.

And well… SO GOOD!

The chole bhature were delicious, and of course, I had to get a lassi too. By the time I finished, I was so full that I honestly didn't know how I was going to eat anything else that day. 😂

After breakfast, we headed to Bangla Sahib Gurudwara.

We spent a peaceful afternoon there, and honestly, it felt so different from the busy streets of Delhi. Everything felt calm and quiet. There was no rush, no unnecessary noise, just a peaceful atmosphere and such a positive feeling all around.

After spending some time there, I felt completely relaxed.

But eventually, it was time to get back into the city.

Next stop: Chandni Chowk.

We spent the entire evening wandering around, trying different street foods, looking at shops, and buying a few things.

It was crowded, noisy, colourful, and full of life—basically everything you would expect from Chandni Chowk!

I tried a lot of street food, and honestly, this was probably the best part of wandering around without a fixed plan. Sometimes you just walk around, see something interesting, try it, and move on.

But while we were enjoying the evening, there was one thought constantly running through my mind.

We were finally going to Manali.

And this time, there was no more waiting.

Our bus from Delhi to Manali was finally here.

We hurried back to the hotel, grabbed our bags, and hopped into an auto towards Kashmiri Gate, where our bus was waiting.

After all the running around, we finally settled into our seats.

And then it hit me.

The mountains were finally calling.

I had been waiting for this moment for so long, and now I was actually on my way.

The bus started moving, and I was way too excited to sleep. I didn't want to waste even a second of the journey. I started watching things on my phone, looking outside whenever I could, and enjoying every little part of the ride.

Even the rest stops along the way felt exciting.

Maybe it was because I knew that every kilometre was taking me closer to the mountains.

Eventually, I got comfortable in my seat and rested for the rest of the journey. But the excitement never really went away.

I knew that when I woke up, I would be much closer to the place I had been waiting for.

Manali.

And finally, after all those buses, trains, late-night hotel searches, heavy bags, and unexpected little adventures…

we were getting there.

The real mountain adventure was finally about to begin.

And trust me, the next part gets even more exciting. ❤️

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time to go back, Spent half day in Kolhapur 29 March 2024

Our Malvan trip ends here. We had breakfast and then headed to Kolhapur, and later Pune. Initially, we had a train scheduled for the night from Kolhapur to Pune, but it got cancelled. Therefore, we decided to stay in Kolhapur for a day. Since there were no buses available directly from Malvan to Kolhapur, we opted to go to Kankavli first, where we could find buses to Kolhapur. We arrived in Kolhapur in the afternoon, checked into the hotel, freshened up, ordered misal, which we thought would be spicy but turned out to be good, and then proceeded straight to the Mahalaxmi Mandir. Due to it being Friday, there was a large crowd, and we ended up waiting in line for about 20-30 minutes. After having our darshan, we returned to the hotel as it was already 8pm. We had a light dinner at the hotel and then went to sleep, as our bodies needed to recharge after thoroughly enjoying our time in Malvan. Xoxo ❤️  Gujjugirl

A Cozy Night at Si Nonna’s: Pizza, Croquettes, and a Surprisingly Heartwarming Gelato

Recently, I visited Si Nonna’s again. I hadn’t planned on going back, but it just happened. It was a very cold night, and I was craving pizza, so we decided to go there. This time, we ordered pizza number 4, which consisted of fior di latte mozzarella, ricotta cheese, blue cheese, aged parmesan, homemade jalapeño salsa, homemade cherry tomato confit, fresh basil, and EVOO. We also ordered mozzarella and jalapeño croquettes. First, the croquettes arrived. They were okay, but not great. The filling was small, and there wasn’t enough of it, so I wasn’t particularly impressed. Then, our pizza came. We added a little more olive oil and tried to do a cheese pull, but it didn’t work out as expected. However, the taste of the pizza was really good — flavorful and satisfying. Although we were pretty full, there’s always room for dessert, right? I saw gelato and decided to try some. I ordered Sicilian pistachio gelato. It turned out to be delicious — so tasty from the very first bite. I stil...

overnight oats- how i make my overnight oats

How I Make My Overnight Oats RECIPE Ingredients: • Oats - 5 tbsp • Chia seeds - 2 tbsp • Honey - 1 tbsp • Milk or water - enough to soak • Yogurt - 3 tbsp • Nuts and seeds - 2 tsp • Banana - 1 Method: 1. First, add the oats and chia seeds to a bowl, then pour in milk or water. Mix well to combine. 2.Add the yogurt on top and stir to combine again. 3.Next, add 2 chopped dates, 4 almonds, and seeds like pumpkin, flax, and sunflower. Sometimes, I also add dried cranberries and raisins. 4.Drizzle honey on top, give it a final mix, and refrigerate for at least 8-10 hours. 5.In the morning, add some chopped banana or other fruits or berries, and enjoy it for breakfast.