Day 2 in Manali: Rain, Momos, Tibetan Butter Tea & Cozy Mountain Weather
So my day literally started with momos. 😂
And thank god these were actually good because yesterday's momos were so disappointing!
After a good start to the day, we headed to Hidimba Temple, one of the most famous places to visit in Manali. The temple is surrounded by tall cedar trees, which make the whole place feel peaceful and almost magical. Built in 1553, it is dedicated to Hidimba Devi, the wife of Bhima from the Mahabharata. The wooden architecture, quiet forest surroundings and cool mountain air made it feel completely different from the busy streets of Manali.
We spent some time exploring the temple and the nearby area, taking in the beautiful views and peaceful atmosphere. Unfortunately, my camera battery died at the worst possible time, so I couldn't capture any of it.
You'll just have to believe me when I say it was beautiful.
🎥 Want to see how Day 2 actually looked? You can watch my Day 2 in Manali vlog here:
👉 Watch the vlog on YouTube
And then… look at this weather. The sky was covered with thick grey clouds, the mountains looked misty in the distance, and the rain had made everything look darker, greener and even more peaceful.
It was already around -2°C, so obviously I was freezing, and to make things even more interesting, it started raining.
I don't know why, but rainy mountain weather just makes everything feel so cozy.
Maybe it's the cold air, the sound of the rain, or just being surrounded by mountains. Whatever it was, I was freezing but still loving every second of it.
And then came the perfect thing for that weather—
wonton soup.
I honestly don't know if it was the weather or the food, but that soup was so comforting. It had so many vegetables and wontons, and it was exactly what I needed while I was freezing outside.
Sometimes, the simplest food tastes the best when you're really cold.
And then I tried something completely new—
Tibetan butter tea.
It was my first time having it, and let me tell you, it was nothing like our regular chai.
It was buttery, slightly salty and definitely different from what I'm used to.
I wasn't sure what to expect, but I had to try it while I was there.
The funny thing was, we didn't actually have any proper plans for the day.
We just kept walking around.
Random streets, little shops, mountain views, the weather… we were just enjoying whatever came our way.
And honestly, I think that's one of my favourite things about being in the mountains.
You don't always need a plan.
Sometimes you can just walk around and see where the day takes you.
By evening, I wasn't even hungry anymore. But that didn't stop the market from tempting me with all the food around.
There was food everywhere, and even when you're completely full, somehow you still want to try something.
Eventually, we made our way back towards the hotel.
And by the time we reached, the weather had completely changed again.
It had gotten even colder.
At this point, I was done. 😂
And that's pretty much how Day 2 in Manali ended.
It wasn't a day filled with big adventures or a long list of places.
It was just momos, rain, mountains, hot soup, new food, random walks and freezing cold weather.
And honestly, I wouldn't have wanted it any other way.
Because sometimes the best mountain days are the ones where you have nowhere to be and nothing you need to do.
You just walk, eat, look around, get cold, find something warm…
and enjoy being there. 🏔️❤️
🎥 Want to see the actual moments from Day 2?
👉 Watch my Day 2 in Manali vlog on YouTube
And if you enjoyed reading about Day 2, come back for Day 3 — things are about to get even more exciting. ❤️
Comments
Post a Comment